Business owners across all industries are struggling to find talented people. Why is this? You have to take a look at yourself first and ask what makes you attractive to the workforce.
Business owners across all industries are struggling to find talented people. Why is this? You have to take a look at yourself first and ask what makes you attractive to the workforce?
Show highlights include:
- Why treating recruitment as a business development function helps you attract unicorn talent to your team with ease (3:22)
- How being even 1% better at recruiting than your competitors will help you dominate your market (6:07)
- Why hiring people before you need them and before their role even exists may the single best recruitment strategy (7:05)
- The “ABR” mindset shift for never worrying about finding all-star talent again (8:50)
- The #1 most effective, yet overlooked marketing strategy as a small business owner (and how to apply this strategy to recruitment) (10:19)
- 4 intangible things your teammates want more than a high paying job (10:52)
- How to build an inseparable team of employees who won’t want to leave you (even if there’s a better opportunity) (16:47)
- Why waiting for an annual review to check in with your teammates is a recipe for other companies to poach your people (26:57)
If you’d like to connect with James and discover how he can help your business grow, check out his website at https://www.jamespagano.com/.
To get the most out of this podcast, head over to https://buildernuggets.com and join our active community of like-minded builders and remodelers.
Connect directly with Duane and Dave to ask a question, post a comment, share an idea or to schedule a confidential discussion about your business by visiting our contact page.