Building the workforce of the future is difficult. Everyone knows the struggles faced by the construction industry when it comes to finding skilled trades or hiring employees. Join us for a conversation with Christi Powell and Judy Dinelle.
Building the workforce of the future is difficult. Everyone knows the struggles faced by the construction industry when it comes to finding skilled trades or hiring employees. Join us for a conversation with Christi Powell and Judy Dinelle from 84 Lumber and hear the things they are doing to bring change to the industry.
Show highlights include:
- How to do your part with the workforce emergency in construction before it becomes an even bigger disaster (2:42)
- How to convince parents to encourage their kids to get into construction instead of going to college (4:58)
- Why women have more fun building a career in construction than in accounting (8:29)
- How education and training in the construction industry can finally get rid of the stigma most men have towards women on the job site (16:28)
- The weird, yet powerful way to double the size of the labor force overnight by being more welcoming (21:57)
- The “Gentle Conversation” method for attracting more women into construction (without anyone feeling intimidated) (22:50)
- How being in the top 25% of gender diversity makes you 46% more likely to crush the industry average (27:35)
- Why women in a sales role in construction have an easier time than men (33:45)
- The “Elevation Secret” which makes the most misogynistic men appreciate women’s role in construction (36:23)
If you’d like to connect with Nick or NS Builders, you can find their website here https://ns.builders/ and their Instagram page here: https://www.instagram.com/nsbuilders/
To get the most out of this podcast, or connect with Duane and Dave, head over to https://buildernuggets.com and join our active community of like-minded builders and remodelers.
Connect directly with Duane and Dave to ask a question, post a comment, share an idea or to schedule a confidential discussion about your business by visiting our contact page.