This fourth generation builder has done things the right way for a long time. That’s not to say they haven't made mistakes. Through trial and error they have become one of the most sought after and respected builders in their market.
This fourth generation builder has done things the right way for a long time. That’s not to say they haven't made mistakes. Through trial and error and by building and nurturing lifelong relationships they have become one of the most sought after and respected builders in their market
- How being on-the-job earns the respect and admiration of your co-workers (14:00)
- Why building relationships helps aspiring builders jump right in and lead a thriving business (even if you don’t have an in) (19:50)
- The single most important thing a legacy builder hesitates to give up as they contemplate passing the torch (24:20)
- How to avoid sacrificing quality when you move from a hands-on, craftsman approach to a long-term management operation. (27:26)
- Why the “touch everything” model hampers growth and prevents you from increasing volume. (28:30)
- How to avoid being a commodity with a simple common-sense idea (you are already doing anyway.) (31:30)
- The biggest fear your founder secretly has when business grows too fast (and how you can effectively deal with it) (32:03)
- How to convince your team you can run the show (even when you have far less experience) (33:30)
- How to give your trades people more responsibilities and why they might enjoy the extra work (33:30)
- How a simple tactical change can save you from taking redundant phone calls all day long (38:06)
To connect with Duane, Dave, or one of our show guests head over to https://buildernuggets.com and join our active community of like-minded builders and remodelers.
Connect directly with Duane and Dave to ask a question, post a comment, share an idea or to schedule a confidential discussion about your business by visiting our contact page.