Builder | Remodeler | Coach | Consultant
Duane entered the construction industry over 30 years ago working on oceanfront estates in the Hamptons on Long Island, New York. From laborer to craftsman to business owner he was always honing his skills and immersed himself in all aspects of high end custom construction. In 1996 he moved to Charlotte, North Carolina and started a general contracting business with Roger Ketchum and the two achieved success right away, winning industry awards and earning rave reviews from clients, designers, and trade partners. That relationship continues to this day.
Duane has always been dedicated to elevating professionalism in the construction industry. He has now shifted his focus from the day to day aspects of building and remodeling award winning homes to building more rewarding and more valuable businesses. He believes the key ingredients to success are continuous learning, strategic planning, collaboration with like minded peers and the elimination of egos. "If you fail to do these things the industry will reduce you to a commodity and leave you alone on an island!"
• Builder & Remodeler (Licensed in NC & SC)
• Co-owner of JK Design Build dba Alair Homes
• Regional Developer for Alair Homes
• NAHB Custom Homebuilders Committee
• NAHB Remodelers Council Board of Trustees
• HBA of Greater Charlotte - Builder Board Member
• Member of the Kohler/Sterling Pro Council
• HBA of Lake Norman - Board Member 2002 - 2014
• LKN Remodelers Council - Chairperson 2008 - 2012
• NARI/Charlotte - Board Member 1999 - 2012
• Member of Vistage Worldwide 2014 - 2017
When he is not talking shop you will most likely find him outdoors. He and his family love to travel, hike, explore, and discover new places and new things. "Enjoy life by living in the moment and try not to take yourself too seriously."
Be sure to listen to Episode 01 to learn more about Duane and the story behind Builder Nuggets.